A700 Registering an Additional Handset
The A700 system can support a total of five (5) handsets, including the one that comes with the main base. Each additional handset will need to be registered to the main base in order for it to function. The instructions for registering additional handsets can be found below.
- Take the main handset out of the base. Turn the base over and push and hold the Page button until you hear two (2) beeps. (The page button is the only button on the underside of the phone. It has a small plastic circle to signify where to press to engage the Page function).
- Once you hear the two (2) beeps, you can let go of the Page button. Now pick up one of the Unregistered handsets. Tap the left soft key under the word Menu once. (The soft key is the key right under the Caller ID screen. It is black with a white horizontal line in it).
- Tap the bottom part of the center toggle key under the Phonebook icon until you see Registration. Tap the left soft key under Select.
- The handset will display Searching... for a short time. The display will then change to HS-2 or whatever number the handset is in the sequence.
- If the handset does not register, it will beep and display Unregistered. You will need to try the process again if this occurs.