General Quattro 4.0 Bluetooth Info
General Information about the Quattro 4.0 and Bluetooth Technology
- The Quattro 4.0 allows you to listen to devices through your t-coils or earbuds using Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth technology provides a wireless, hands-free way to transmit sound between devices.
- Bluetooth technology requires that devices be paired together in order to communicate. Bluetooth devices can be paired to more than one device, but can only be connected to and communicate with one device at a time.
- Bluetooth technology has 3 types of devices: transmitters, receivers, and transceivers. They all do different things. Transmitters send sound out via Bluetooth; Receivers pick up the sound sent by a transmitter; Tranceivers can both transmit sound to and receive sound from other Bluetooth devices. The Quattro 4.0 is a Bluetooth receiver, so it needs another Bluetooth device to send sound to it.
- The Quattro 4.0 does not use Bluetooth technology to communicate with your hearing aids. The Quattro 4.0 sends the sound to your hearing aids through the manual t-coils in your hearing aids.
- The microphone on the Quattro 4.0 uses only the HFP/HSP headset profile.